A practical workshop on how to make full use of the National Language Technologies Portal resources will be held at the National Library of Wales on 18 June 2019.
This workshop is suitable for software developers, hackers, computer linguists, computing teachers, language technology volunteers, and all those interested in using portals resources in Welsh and multilingual computer products.
We will try to hold workshops to meet the specific interests of those attending. The themes that are currently of interest include:
- Speech recognition resources
- Text to speech resources
- API Services and Plugins (Vocab, Online Cysill, Terms, Legitimate)
- Machine Translation Resources
- Contributing to Common Voice
The workshops will be run by the Language Technologies Unit staff and Partners.
9.30 Arrival & Tea & Coffee
10.00 Welcome and overview
- The Language Technologies Portal and promoting the Welsh language software sector: Delyth Prys
- Speech and Translation Resources: Dewi Bryn Jones
- API services and plugins: Stefanda Ghazzali
11.15 – Tea and Coffee
11.30 – 12.30 – Parallel workshops
12.30 – 13.00 – Lunch
13.00 – 15.00 – Parallel workshops – continue from the morning or new workshops
15.00 – 15.30 – Tea and Coffee
15.30 – 16.00 – Closing discussion: Chatbots, semantic analysers and the way forward for Welsh LT.
Registration for this event is now open.
This workshop is funded by the ESRC through Bangor University’s Impact Acceleration Fund in collaboration with the National Library of Wales.