1. First you need to go to the API centre home page. After reaching this page, click on the button that says Register on the top right corner of the screen.
2. At the registration screen, you’ll see instructions to help you in the process of registering. You will need a user name (i.e. the name you’d like to use on our systems), a password and an active e-mail account.
3. After filling the boxes and pressing the Register button on the bottom of the screen, you will be sent an email automatically asking you to validate your account. Click on the link in the email, and use your new account details (user name and password) to log in.
4. You should now see your account’s home screen, with a large message welcoming you. There should be a small button with your user name on it in the top right corner of the screen. Click on this, and then on the Settings button to go to your personal settings.
5. You will now be able to choose from several of our services which use the API system. Choose the program that you would like to use, and then input the necessary information into the fields on the page.
6. You will need to input your website’s URL, a short description of your intentions, and then tick to agree with the terms and conditions.
Remember to tick the box that says “The API key will be used on a website” if you would like to to connect and secure your API to a specific website.
Click on the save button at the bottom of the screen, and your new API key will appear in the relevant box.